BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Much of spring will include nightly closures of the outbound Kensington Expressway from Best Street to E. Delavan Street.
The closures are expected to last approximately two months. Starting Thursday, they’ll take place on weeknights from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Originally, they were set to start Monday night, but the New York State Department of Transportation says a contractor was delayed.
Eastbound drivers can follow a detour using the Best Street off-ramp.
“The Department also reminds the traveling public that traffic continues to be restricted to one lane of alternating traffic controlled by a temporary traffic signal on Dodge Street over the Kensington Expressway,” the New York State Department of Transportation said.
- ‘Terrifying’: Passenger recalls experience aboard Carnival Sunshine during storm
- Here’s what 2024 Republicans have said about the debt ceiling deal
- Michigan Avenue bridge closes for construction
- Which virus is causing congestion, coughing in so many? Here’s a hint: It’s not COVID
- Get a free donut on National Donut Day at Dunkin’
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.