BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Returning late books to branches of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library will no longer result in late fees, starting next month.
As of May 1, fines will no longer be charged, Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said.
“Fining users for returning materials late actually hurts usage by those who need it most,” he tweeted.
But for lost or damaged materials, there will still be a charge.
- Pa Governor race: Mastriano expands lead post-Trump endorsement, new poll finds
- Pa Senate race: Oz leads Barnette, McCormick in new Emerson Poll
- How to help those affected by the Buffalo mass shooting
- 168 animals, some missing eyes, seized from veterinarian’s farm
- Investigators search alleged Buffalo mass shooter’s home, miles from PA border