BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A healthcare company reached a deal with 1199 SEIU just minutes before workers at a local nursing home were about to walk a picket line.
It happened this afternoon at the Buffalo community healthcare center on Delaware Avenue.
Workers said they were going to picket for fair wages and a union contract. But minutes before that picket was set to begin, the Grand Healthcare system said it had reached a deal with the union.
Workers will vote on that deal next week.
New on WIVB.com
- Walden Galleria beefs up security for holiday season
- Batavia healthcare worker reflects on COVID-19 frontlines, celebrating holidays with family again
- Senate Republicans clash over government shutdown strategy
- Niagara Falls to be lit red to mark World AIDS Day
- Mississippi abortion case argued at US Supreme Court