BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A healthcare company reached a deal with 1199 SEIU just minutes before workers at a local nursing home were about to walk a picket line.
It happened this afternoon at the Buffalo community healthcare center on Delaware Avenue.
Workers said they were going to picket for fair wages and a union contract. But minutes before that picket was set to begin, the Grand Healthcare system said it had reached a deal with the union.
Workers will vote on that deal next week.
New on WIVB.com
- Greene moves to force vote on impeaching Mayorkas after House shelves first attempt
- Corrections officer stabbed at Attica, prison placed on lockdown
- Florida driver arrested after street race ended with Corvette ripped apart
- Life expectancy rises, but still trails pre-COVID level
- DOJ nearing decision on death penalty for Buffalo mass shooter