BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — New York State Trooper Ronald Ensminger is taking legal action against the City of Buffalo after he was injured during a protest in the Queen City last June.
The lawsuit alleges the City of Buffalo violated regulations, policies and procedures that led to Ensminger being “catastrophically injured” on June 1, 2020, after he was hit by a vehicle.
The trooper is also suing Deyanna Davis, the woman accused of hitting him.
A City of Buffalo spokesperson told News 4, “The City does not comment on pending litigation.”
We’ve reached out to Deyanna Davis for comment and we’re waiting to hear back.
View the full lawsuit below:
New on WIVB.com
- Kenmore man admits to looting Buffalo liquor store during protest
- Bills Foundation donates more than $88K to FeedMore WNY, helping out Niagara Falls CSD
- Assembly Speaker Heastie weighs in on Bills stadium discussions
- Nurse practitioner says vaccine mandate will make staffing shortages worse
- Diocese of Buffalo once again requiring masks at mass