BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Oxford Pennant kept it blunt on social media when Crocs released pictures of their new “jibbitz,” which look a lot like some of the Buffalo-based company’s pennant designs.
“Let us be crystal clear: Crocs are ugly and we are going to sue them,” Oxford Pennant wrote in a Twitter post Friday.
“Jibbitz” are a Crocs product — tiny charms one can add to their pair of shoes.
The pictures of the alleged stolen designs, which can be viewed here, show three different Crocs jibbitz designs that depict pennants with Chicago, North Carolina and Washington, D.C. written on them with small illustrations — and they look similar when compared to that of products made by Oxford Pennant.
“We liked these designs more when we illustrated them ourselves, by hand, and released them as pennants in 2021. We’ll be in touch,” Oxford Pennant wrote in a message to Crocs on Twitter.
- These 19 Senate Republicans voted against advancing short-term funding bill
- WATCH: Mexican mother bravely shields son as bear leaps on picnic table to devour his birthday enchiladas
- McCarthy goes all-in on border with second GOP stopgap funding attempt
- Elevated border numbers are the new normal
- Biden brushes off threat from Cornel West despite left’s warnings