BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Catholic Health says a long-time patient walked out of Mercy Hospital Saturday without staff knowing. It says the woman has been at Mercy for more than six months.
Catholic Health says the woman was found in minutes and safely taken back inside the hospital.
It says the patient no longer requires acute care. And that it is taking more measures to create a home-like atmosphere for her. It is not releasing any more information about her because of HIPAA.
New on WIVB.com
- Funeral homes adjust as more Americans choose cremations over burials
- Watchdog group files Hatch Act complaint against Jen Psaki
- Seneca Park Zoo announces official name of snow leopard cub
- Sonic Drive-In in Cheektowaga is getting spooky with a “haunted drive-thru”
- Sunday marks start of National Teen Driver Safety Week