BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Plymouth Avenue, between Massachusetts Avenue and Rhode Island Street, has reopened following a fire Tuesday morning.
Buffalo Fire responded to the scene just after 6 a.m. Investigators say the fire started in the attic of the residence.
Firefighters rescued one person who was later transported to ECMC for evaluation. The Red Cross is assisting eight others following the fire.
Damage is estimated at $300,000 and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Traffic returned to normal around 9 a.m. after nearly three hours of closure. News 4 will provide more information when it becomes available.
- US advances in World Cup with 1-0 win over Iran
- Cat found zipped in a checked bag at NYC airport is rewarded with a holiday treat
- Pentagon: China on pace to almost quadruple nuclear arsenal by 2035
- US bat species devastated by fungus now listed as endangered
- NFTA, FeedMore holding holiday food drive