BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A body was found floating in Scajaquada Creek on Saturday morning, Buffalo police say.
A passerby found a male body floating at the foot of Niagara Street near Forest Avenue just before 11:30 a.m. Saturday. The Buffalo police underwater recovery team retrieved the body.
An autopsy will be conducted by Erie County medical examiners to determine the cause of death.
- McConnell blasts proposal to wind down war authority in Iraq
- 1 year since agreement, Bills stadium cost has risen 10%
- The Buffalo History Museum is celebrating women throughout WNY who helped pave history
- Child lead poisoning, mismanagement lead to lawsuit against owners of dozens of Buffalo properties
- Covenant School Shooting: Nashville shooter didn’t target specific people, police say
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.