BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Wednesday at the Burchfield Penney Art Center, the City of Buffalo held a public hearing on the Common Council’s proposed map for redistricting.
It took place at 10 a.m. You can watch the full hearing in the video below:
This kind of process takes place every 10 years to better reflect the city’s population. After the public hearing, it will be up to Mayor Byron Brown to decide if the map is approved. Here’s what it looks like:
Last month, the Common Council voted in favor of it, but it hasn’t received universal support. Some residents think it does not represent the city’s population as best as it could.
Click or tap this document to see the demographic data that went into creating the new map.
(In the video above, hear what Mayor Brown said before the public hearing.)
- Chiefs legend, Hall of Famer Len Dawson in hospice care
- Pa. Senate race: Fetterman ‘grateful’ as he returns to campaign trail
- Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Garland
- ‘ALL ABOARD!’ USS The Sullivans welcomes tours again
- Sardinia man in custody after officer-involved shooting