BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Leaders with Empire State Development said they’re moving forward on renovations to the African-American Heritage Corridor.
Construction started Friday at the Michigan Street Baptist Church. Crews are working to stabilize the roof and foundation. New York State is giving more than $1 million to save the historic building.
The Michigan Street Baptist Church was built in 1845 and was the last stop on the Underground Railroad for freedom seekers escaping to Canada.
- Roswell Park’s IceCycle fundraiser to kick off Wednesday, event scheduled for March
- Tappo Pizza gears up for kickoff featuring Bills-themed drinks
- Buffalo Academy of Science shows off their support for the Bills
- The Ice at Canalside will host “Buffalo Bills Fan Appreciation Skate” on Friday
- Buffalo’s ‘Bubble Man” of Allentown dies at age 75