BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The 26th annual Ride for Roswell kicks off Friday night.
The event brings together thousands of cyclists, volunteers and supporters in the fight against cancer.
The weekend ride will start at 6 p.m., with a 12-mile ride from Roswell to UB North. Then on Saturday, participants will bike anywhere from three to 100 miles on routes across western New York.
Since the first Ride for Roswell in 1996, the event has raised almost $60 million for cancer research.
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champion Matt Amodio crosses $1 million mark: ‘This is just a childhood dream’
- Walmart scrapping layaway, offering ‘buy now, pay later’ program instead
- Are your old video games worth anything?
- Salmonella outbreak from unidentified source expands to 29 states; CDC says strain found in takeout container
- Man charged with hate crime after threatening US Olympic athlete training in California park