BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Memorial Day Weekend is also Buffalo Marathon Weekend, with this year’s race taking place on Sunday, May 28.
The 26.2-mile race will result in a number of road closures around Buffalo, some of which start as early as 4:30 a.m. The latest road reopenings will happen at 2 p.m.
The full list can be found in the document below:
The weekend will be packed with events starting the Friday before. Here are some of them:
- May 26 – Weekend/Summer Kickoff Party with fireworks and music by The Strictly Hip | 5-10 p.m. (Chippewa Street)
- May 26 – Plogging (jogging and picking up litter) | 5:30 p.m. (Chippewa Street)
- May 27 – Health and Wellness Expo | 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This year’s race will include 6,400 athletes from across 13 countries and 41 states.
- Americans owe $1 trillion in credit card debt
- Most say don’t ban race in college admissions, but its role should be small, poll finds
- 3 children, 6 adults injured in Memorial Day shooting at Florida beach
- McCarthy’s debt limit deal faces first critical GOP test
- Special reunion at Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial held on Memorial Day
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.