UPDATE: Officials say the 33 eastbound has reopened as of 1:20 p.m.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — All lanes of Route 33 eastbound (outbound) are closed from downtown to Delavan Street “for a few hours” Thursday to allow workers to survey the damage of the bridge hit at the Dodge Street overpass, according to the NYSDOT.
The closure stems from a crash involving a tractor-trailer Wednesday in which a bridge was hit.
The NYSDOT says Route 33 outbound entrance ramps at Genesee Street/Elm Street, Tupper Street, Cherry Street and Jefferson Avenue will also be closed. Additionally, traffic on Dodge Street around the overpass continues to be restricted to one lane of alternating traffic controlled by a temporary traffic signal.
- Psychedelic Medicine PAC seeks to elect leaders who support pro-psilocybin reforms
- Cases of rare tick-borne disease on the rise in 8 states, CDC says
- Georgia officials seek to question Trump attorney in election probe
- Young Bills fan in search of a family
- Cohen rips pro-Trump witness, says his testimony was not needed Monday
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.