BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A sanitation truck crashed into a bridge in Buffalo Wednesday morning, causing the temporary closure of part of Clinton Street.
Officials said the truck struck the bridge at Clinton and Lord Avenue just after 6:30 a.m. According to Buffalo Fire, two houses suffered damage in connection with the incident, however no one was injured.
The truck driver and at least one passenger were checked out by emergency personnel at the scene. Modern Disposal released a statement in response to the incident:
“We are very grateful that neither our personnel nor anyone from the public was hurt. The incident is under investigation and once that is complete, we will provide further comments. We appreciate the swift response and support from all first responders.”Modern Disposal
Clinton had been closed between Emslie and Smith streets, but was reopened shortly before Noon.
- Five things to watch as voting begins in Georgia Senate runoff
- How to stay safe and avoid hacks on Cyber Monday
- What to know about GOP election challenges in Arizona’s Maricopa County
- Harlem Globetrotters coming to KeyBank Center in February
- Why 1 doctor is more concerned with flu than COVID this winter