BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — It took crews less than an hour to get the flames under control when a fire broke out at a scrapyard in north Buffalo.
It happened shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday morning on Elmwood near Hertel Avenue. Thick, dark smoke could be seen blocks away.
Due to the fire’s location, it appeared that crews had some difficulty getting water from the hydrants to their trucks.
- “I never really had any interaction with him.”: Family learns neighbor vandalized fence with racial slur
- City of Buffalo 2023 budget approved, ShotSpotter police technology removed
- Moth species not seen since 1912 found in luggage at Michigan airport
- Bird-watcher falsely accused in racist Central Park encounter gets Nat Geo show
- ‘Totally Sweet Diaper Drive’ launched to help families after Buffalo shooting