BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Main Street between Tupper Street and Goodell Street has reopened to vehicular traffic after being closed due to the aftermath of the fatal March 1 fire, city officials announced Thursday.
A portion of the sidewalk and one of the parking lanes in front of the 745 Main St. site remains fenced off as demolition work continues.
Despite Main Street reopening, Washington Street from Tupper to Goodell remains closed to vehicular traffic. However, businesses in the area of Washington Street are open and can be accessed.
- Two killed in small plane crash in Orleans County
- Escaped Ohio inmate found dead in the Ohio River
- Tennessee woman goes missing during cross-country trip with boyfriend
- New law will require NY businesses to warn customers about gift card fraud
- Tire flies off race car, hits parked car during Indy 500
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.