BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Buffalo man was arraigned on multiple charges stemming from a triple shooting in the city.
Prosecutors say that while attempting to commit a robbery outside Deep South Taco on Ellicott St., David Douglas, 22, fired multiple shots from an illegal gun. They say it happened around 12:30 a.m. on July 4.
Three people were struck by the gunfire, and each suffered non-life threatening injuries.
According to officials, Douglas was aided by another person in the alleged robbery attempt.
Douglas faces the following charges:
- attempted murder (two counts)
- robbery (first and second-degree)
- criminal possession of a weapon
- assault (two counts)
If Douglas is convicted, he could spend 25 years to life in prison. He’s currently in custody without bail, and will be back in court on Thursday.
More Crime News
- Buffalo teen arraigned on murder charge in the death of his girlfriend
- Canadian man pleads guilty to trying to bring more than 1,000 pounds of pot into US
- Buffalo man sentenced 35-years-to-life in prison for 2018 murder of man inside East Ferry Street auto shop
- Former Bradford County coroner arrested for allegedly stealing over $400,000
- Man admits to attempted criminal sex act against patient at ECMC