BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – A 16-year-old pedestrian was taken by ambulance to ECMC after being injured following a car accident Wednesday morning on Buffalo’s West Side.
Buffalo police said a two-car accident at the intersection of Bird Avenue and Grant Street at approximately 7:20 a.m. resulted in one of the vehicles hitting a teen who was standing on a nearby sidewalk.
The teen was treated for a leg injury, police said. No charges have been filed yet in connection with the accident.
Buffalo Public Schools returned to class this week. Police did not specify which school the teen attends.
- Trump slams New York AG over fraud lawsuit: ‘She’s a disaster’
- Volvo’s next EVs include subcompact crossover, mid-size sedan
- Man serving life sentence for deadly Las Vegas Strip bombing escapes from prison
- Syracuse man brings loaded gun into Rochester airport, charged with felonies
- Hurricane Ian: Some WNYers caught in the predicted path in Florida
* * *
Nick Veronica is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team as a Digital Executive Producer in 2021. He previously worked at NBC Sports and The Buffalo News. You can follow Nick on Facebook and Twitter and find more of his work here.