BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Two people have been arrested after a 14-year-old Buffalo boy was shot in the back on Mary B. Talbert Boulevard.
Officers responded to the shooting on Tuesday night around 8:40 p.m. The victim of the shooting was taken to a local hospital by ambulance. It’s not clear what kind of condition he’s in.
Police identified, then apprehended the suspects. According to BPD, the suspects are 20-year-old Isaiah Hicks and a 16-year-old male. Both are Buffalo residents, police said.
Hicks was charged with criminal possession of a firearm and endangering the welfare of a child, while the teen was charged with assault and criminal possession of a firearm.
Hicks is scheduled to be back in court on April 17 for a felony hearing. For now, he remains released on his own recognizance.
The teen, who was remanded, is scheduled to return to court on Friday.
- Bandits lose in Colorado, decisive game of NLL Finals in Buffalo on Saturday night
- Trump escalates attacks on judges amid increasing legal scrutiny
- Ramaswamy embraces ‘outsider’ label as he takes on Trump
- Veterans honored in service at Forest Lawn Cemetery
- Reparations for climate change? Some think oil companies should pay
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.