BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Town of Tonawanda man will spend seven years in prison for committing multiple sexual acts with a child over several years.
Prosecutors say Mark Schneider, 49, committed the acts at a location in Buffalo. Last month, he pleaded guilty to course of sexual conduct against a child and criminal sexual act.
After finishing his sentence, Schneider will have to register as a sex offender, and will be under supervision for 10 years.
An order of protection has been issued for the victim. It will remain in effect until 2035.
- Salmonella outbreak from unidentified source expands to 29 states; CDC says strain found in takeout container
- Man charged with hate crime after threatening US Olympic athlete training in California park
- Carriage horse collides with vehicle in NYC; incident prompts calls to end rides
- Man shot on Niagara Street overnight
- Buffalo Bills host 50 Yard Finish 5k race