BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Four people were transported following a crash involving a Kia and a tractor trailer at Niagara Square and Jerge Drive on Tuesday morning, according to police.
Buffalo police say the 26-year-old male driver was driving the wrong way down a one-way street and struck a parked tractor trailer on Jerge Drive around 11:40 a.m.
Two children inside the vehicle were transported to Oishei Children’s Hospital. One was treated for lacerations, bruises and other unspecified injuries. The driver was also transported, to ECMC, for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the tractor trailer, a 55-year-old male, was transported to Veterans Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police say the Kia was not a stolen vehicle. The Kia driver has been issued a summons for driving the wrong way down a one-way street and unlicensed operation of a vehicle.
- Josh Allen to meet with fans at EA Sports Madden celebration event
- Robby Takac announces plans for 21st annual Music is Art Festival
- ‘This is unprecedented’: Smokey air likely to stick around this week
- Woman found dead after welfare check, Lockport man arrested
- Buffalo Behind the Scenes: Perry’s Ice Cream
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.