BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A unique fundraiser will be taking people “over the edge” on Saturday.
During a fundraiser for Oishei Children’s Hospital and the United Way, participants will rappel down 20 stories off the M&T Plaza Building on Main Street in downtown Buffalo. Friday, they held a practice run. donations raised will help mothers and their children across Western New York.
“Today we are going over the edge, you can go online and pledge support for the women and children here in Western New York the money will go to those in the most need here in Buffalo and Erie County,” said Dr. Stephen Turkovich, the Chief Medical Officer at Oishei Children’s Hospital.
The event will run on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, click here.
New on WIVB.com
- WATCH: Massive dust storm swallows town in western Kansas
- Dozens of senators warn China of ‘grave consequences’ if it uses violence against protesters
- Congress averts ‘catastrophic’ rail strike amid sick time concerns
- Prominent politicians push to aid candidates in Georgia senate race days before runoff
- Buffalo Police captain suspended following allegations of racism and discrimination in federal lawsuit