BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A U-Haul box truck was found abandoned in the Buffalo River on Friday morning.
Police say they were responding to a water rescue call when the truck was located just before 8 a.m. near the Cargill Grain Elevator and Ohio Street railyard south of downtown. The U-Haul appears to be purposefully dumped, according to police.
The truck was unoccupied when police arrived. Buffalo fire officials were also at the scene when a News 4 photographer got there.
News 4 is working to learn more information.
- Progressive losses mount: Here are five big disappointments
- What is a ‘Yellowhammer’ cookie? Nutty treat becomes Alabama’s newest state symbol
- Biden signs bill to raise debt ceiling
- Costco shoppers shifting away from specific item; CFO says it’s indicator of recession
- Cement-filled toilets and dead fish: NC school district bars more than 80 seniors from graduation over ‘pranks’
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.