GETZVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — News 4 has received several calls and messages about employees still reporting to work at Geico.
Many have expressed concern because of COVID-19 and New York State’s new capacity rules.
On Wednesday morning, Geico provided an update, saying non-management associates who are already able to work from home are being given that option. The company is working to extend telework capabilities to more associates.
In addition to this, Geico has also made these changes:
- Amended the liberal leave policy to offer a wider number of leave options for any associate who wishes to take time off;
- Canceled all work-related travel, in-person conferences and volunteer engagements;
- Limited access to buildings for non-associates;
- Initiated a self-quarantine policy for associates who have recently traveled to Level 3 countries (or took a cruise);
- Continued enhanced cleaning procedures to reduce the spread of germs.
As of Wednesday morning, no cases of coronavirus have been confirmed among Geico’s associates.