BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Alzheimer’s is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States, with more than 120,000 people a year.
But efforts here at home are hitting the pavement to find a cure once and for all.
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s Western New York steps off in Buffalo on September 18.
Shoshone Dentice joins us on News 4 at 4 to discuss this year’s walk. Watch in the video player above.
For more information on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s WNY, click here.
New on WIVB.com
- VIDEO: Dynamic drone footage of damage done by Superdome roof fire
- Just 56% of Americans can name all three branches of government — that’s actually a 15-year high
- The largest Hispanic Heritage cultural center in upstate New York is one step closer to reality
- State Assembly Speaker: Report on Cuomo should be out “sooner than later”
- Kansas mom says teacher forced son to tape mask to face