OTTAWA, Canada (WIVB) — Canada is increasing travel restrictions for residents again.
Health officials there announced Friday that Canadians taking short trips to the United States will have to come back with a negative COVID test. Leaders say they are trying to be prudent as the Omicron variant spreads across the globe.
The new testing rule takes effect on Dec. 21.
New on WIVB.com
- New York COVID Update: Vaccinations, infection rates, deaths
- ‘Grateful to be alive’: Rabbi speaks out after synagogue hostage situation
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- Early morning fire rips through empty Hampshire Street commercial building
- Woman pushed onto subway tracks, killed by train at Times Square station; suspect shouts ‘I am god’ in custody