PENDLETON, N.Y. (WIVB) — The former president and treasurer of a union for Pioneer Central School has been accused of stealing tens of thousands of dollars.
New York State police say Peggy Cass, 66, served as treasurer and president of the Pioneer Auxiliary Association Union between 2014 and 2019.
While in these roles, State police say Cass took more than $50,000 from the association’s union dues in order to pay for personal debt.
Cass was charged with grand larceny. She’ll appear in Cattaraugus County Court next month.
- NYS faces multiple lawsuits for vaccine mandates
- Counties with the least hospital bed capacity in New York
- ‘The View’ hosts test positive for COVID, leave set minutes before VP Harris interview
- Bills pushing for personal seat licenses at proposed new stadium
- Wegmans hosting drive-thru flu shot clinics throughout fall