SALAMANCA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man and a woman are facing multiple charges, including attempted murder, following a shooting in Salamanca.
Police in the city say the shooting happened this past Saturday around 10:22 a.m. Several shots were allegedly fired, and one man was injured. The weapon police say was used was recovered by officers.
Following an investigation involving multiple agencies, 29-year-old Patrick McVinney, Jr. and 34-year-old Joelle Cooper were arrested.
They each face the following felony charges:
- attempted murder (two counts)
- criminal use of a firearm
- criminal possession of a weapon
- reckless endangerment (three counts)
- tampering with evidence
Both McVinney and Cooper were remanded to the Cattaraugus County Jail without bail after being arraigned.
Further proceedings are scheduled to take place on Friday.
- Man assaulted outside Four Aces Bar & Grill dies
- Texas man seen shooting his partner’s ex amid custody dispute claims self-defense, attorney says
- Former FBI agent: Brian Laundrie’s family could face charges
- Fauci speaks on possibility of omicron COVID-19 variant already in US: ‘I would not be surprised’
- Security guard protecting Nexstar news crew dies from injuries after attempted armed robbery