ASHVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — An Alabama woman is dead as the result of an ATV accident in Chautauqua County.
The incident happened on Christmas night, sometime around or before 11:45 p.m. According to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office, “multiple riders” were on the vehicle, which went into a creek after the driver failed to notice it.
Once it went into the water, the ATV overturned. The driver, who only suffered minor injuries, was able to get back out of the water, but 58-year-old passenger Donna Phelps had gone missing.
Deputies and fire personnel responded to an address on Washington Street in the Town of Harmony and started looking for her. When she found a distance from the ATV, first responders tried to resuscitate her, but Phelps was pronounced dead at UPMC Chautauqua Hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Bocce Club Pizza on Hertel prepping for the Buffalo Bill’s big game day
- Are omicron symptoms different for vaccinated and unvaccinated people?
- Candidate vying for Pennsylvania Lt. Governor holds meet and greet event in Erie
- IRS tips to get your tax refund fastest
- Krebs nets first two career NHL goals in 6-3 Sabres win