DUNKIRK, N.Y. (WIVB) — A body was found in Lake Erie after police say two people went into the water off the Dunkirk City Pier.
Early Monday morning, around quarter to 1, Dunkirk police, fire officials and members of the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.
Only one of the two people, who were solely identified as males, came back out. An underwater search began, and later, a male body was found.
No names have been released.
- Buffalo teens face murder, robbery charges after death of Lockport man
- Crews to perform bridge joint repairs on I-290 this Saturday
- Peyton Manning claims Patriots had microphone in his locker
- Newsfeed Now: Search for Brian Laundrie continues in Gabby Petito case; Federal government shutdown possible as debt rises
- Single-game Sabres tickets go on sale at Noon