TOWN OF CHAUTAUQUA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Mayville man had to be flown to a trauma center in Pennsylvania after being hit head-on while riding a motorcycle.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office says it happened Wednesday afternoon on Elm Flat Rd. in the Town of Chautauqua.
Deputies say the 63-year-old motorcyclist was hit when an SUV tried to pass another car. The motorcyclist was treated at the scene before being flown away.
The driver of the SUV was issued a ticket and will have to appear in court at a later date.
- Newsfeed Now: US Olympians prepare to compete during pandemic; Officer uses chip bag to save stabbing victim’s life
- Tokyo Olympic flame is the first powered by hydrogen
- Do you know what the Olympic rings stand for?
- Chautauqua County health officials warn of harmful algae blooms
- Cleveland Indians change team name to ‘Guardians’