BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Code Blue 32 has been issued in Buffalo and Southern Erie Saturday, as shelters will be open again January 1 and 2.
Code Blue locations include:
- 412 Niagara St., Buffalo, N.Y. 14201 (Holy Cross) from 6 p.m. – 7 a.m. The location is not accessible, clients must be able to use stairs.
- 586 Genesee St., Buffalo, N.Y. 14204 (Formerly a women’s shelter but will be open to all for Code Blues). The location will be open 24/7 and is accessible.
- 7207 Hunters Creek Road Lot 15, Holland, N.Y. 14080 (The Rural Outreach Center) from 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.
586 Genesee St. will be open during the day Sunday as a daytime warming center.
Code Blue Clients will be able to get bus tickets to the shelter at the NFTA METRO Transportation Center from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Saturday. They will not be allowed to wait at the NFTA outside of those hours. Those who require transportation to the Rural Outreach Center shelter should call (716) 222-4020, or (716) 240-2220 ext. 106.
To receive Code Blue updates for Buffalo or Southern Erie County, text CodeBlueBuffalo or CodeBlueSouthernErie to 898-211. Outside of Erie County, contact local law enforcement or 211 for information.
New on WIVB.com
- New York COVID Update: Vaccinations, infection rates, deaths
- ‘Grateful to be alive’: Rabbi speaks out after synagogue hostage situation
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- Early morning fire rips through empty Hampshire Street commercial building
- Woman pushed onto subway tracks, killed by train at Times Square station; suspect shouts ‘I am god’ in custody