BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The SUNY Erie Board of Trustees announced today that the school’s president, Dr. David Balkin, has been suspended.
The suspension, with pay, will allow for an investigation regarding allegations filed with the school’s human resources department. They say the complaints followed a recent conversation regarding the college’s operations between Balkin and a staff member. They say it will be investigated by a third party.
The school’s Provost, Dr. Adiam Tsegai, will handle day-to-day operations during the investigation.
Balkin took over as president on February 1.
New on WIVB.com
- BPD investigating Citizens Bank robbery inside Elmwood Tops
- Traffic stop discovers over 9 pounds of fentanyl pills in Jamestown
- Buffalo State UPD officer receives SUNY award for saving man’s life
- Jamestown drug ring bust results in 19 arrests
- BPD arrest man on attempted murder charges after domestic-related shooting
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.