BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The SUNY Erie Board of Trustees announced today that the school’s president, Dr. David Balkin, has been suspended.
The suspension, with pay, will allow for an investigation regarding allegations filed with the school’s human resources department. They say the complaints followed a recent conversation regarding the college’s operations between Balkin and a staff member. They say it will be investigated by a third party.
The school’s Provost, Dr. Adiam Tsegai, will handle day-to-day operations during the investigation.
Balkin took over as president on February 1.
New on WIVB.com
- ‘It puts smiles on our faces’: Sabres players take part in Miracle League baseball game
- ‘I was shocked’: Former BPD detective reacts to Bike Path Killer’s death
- Bisons announce Star Wars Night date for 2024
- WNYers make a difference by dropping off donations to Make-A-Wish
- Power restored after around 5,600 lose it in Lancaster
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.