CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — In addition to being the Fire Chief with Seneca Hose Co. 1 in West Seneca, Josh Myers is also the state fire instructor and lead instructor for his class of 18 volunteer firefighters.
Since the pandemic, he noticed a decline in volunteer applicants and urges all Western New Yorkers to consider completing volunteer firefighter training as a way to better serve the community.
To learn more about becoming a volunteer firefighter, watch the video above and check out their website here.
- Premier Dog Sports and Event Center becomes the first training facility of its kind to open in all of New York State
- Time is up for eviction moratorium, unless you live in New York
- Interactive border-wall mural offers glimpse into lives of deported migrants
- Advocates calling for overdose prevention centers to decrease overdose deaths, encourage recovery
- Michigan’s Alex Rose falls short in discus prelims