BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Three elderly people were saved from a partially submerged car in the Town of Concord by an off-duty Buffalo Police detective on Tuesday night, the Erie County Sheriff’s Office said.
Around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday, detective AJ Ortiz, who is also second-in-command of the Buffalo Police Under Water Recovery Team, came upon the sinking car in the vicinity of the Kissing Bridge Ski Resort.
He was able to save the three people from the car. It is unknown if there were any injuries.
- Buffalo man in ‘critical but stable’ condition after being shot by police responding to call of ‘suicidal male’
- Two people rescued in Lake Erie by Coast Guard, Air 1
- Everhart praises Biden’s announcement of new Gun Violence Prevention Office
- Amherst man arrested for assault after alleged domestic altercation prompts 4 hour standoff
- Acting New York State Police superintendent Steven Nigrelli retires
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.