AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — A 78-year-old Bowmansville man is dead and his female passenger is seriously injured after a crash Friday afternoon on Wehrle Drive near Transit Road.
Amherst Police said the 78-year-old man was driving a 2009 Nissan when he pulled out of a parking lot onto the 2500 block of Wehrle Drive around 1:37 p.m. The man and his 78-year-old female passenger were hit by a 2017 Ford headed west on Wehrle.
The 78-year-old man suffered serious injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger was seriously injured and was rushed to Erie County Medical Center for treatment. The driver of the Ford was transported to ECMC for non-life-threatening injuries.
The names of those involved are being withheld by police at this time.
The crash is under investigation and anyone with video footage of the crash is asked to call the Amherst Police Department at (716) 689-1311.
New on WIVB.com
- Niagara Falls mother survives cancer, searches for kidney donor
- COVID cases surge in WNY, region reports highest number of new cases
- Aurora Theatre showing classic holiday movies weekends leading to Christmas
- Chabad House of Buffalo lights giant community menorah to mark the start of Hanukkah
- NY trooper struck by vehicle during officer-involved shooting on RFK Bridge; 2 arrested