AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — An Amherst man has been indicted after allegedly killing his mother in December, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office announced Friday.
Om Samant, 35, was charged with one count of second-degree murder on Thursday.
Around 11:33 a.m. on Dec. 26, Amherst police responded to a domestic disturbance on Thistle Lea, where officials say Samant allegedly killed his mother by beating and stabbing her inside their shared home. Officers found 58-year-old Jagruti Samant deceased at the scene.
Samant faces a maximum sentence of 25 years to life in prison if convicted.
- Governor Hochul condemns swatting calls
- Dave McCormick discusses potential 2024 Senate run, Trump on This Week in Pennsylvania
- What we know about the Fort Campbell soldiers killed in Black Hawk helicopter crash
- Tornado slams Little Rock, smashes rooftops, flips vehicles
- Taste of Buffalo named winner of USA TODAY’s Best City Food Festival
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.