AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Captain of the Amherst Police Department, Bruce Mann, has died, the department announced Monday.
Mann passed away on Sunday at the age of 55, the department said.
He was in law enforcement for 32 years, beginning his career in 1990. He became the department’s canine officer until 2004, a role he held until 2010, when he was promoted to detective. He was later named a Lieutenant and then was named Captain in 2021.
- Man, 44, struck and killed while crossing road in Town of Alabama
- “It’s just unbelievable”: Depew middle schoolers design Bills Stadium with Minecraft
- What to know before Canisius faces top seed Minnesota in NCAA Tournament
- Remarkable Women 2023: Dr. Barbara Seals Nevergold
- ‘All this hate came out for no reason’: Viral video shows racist rant outside Cheektowaga Aldi
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.