AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — Police in Amherst say there is “no further threat to the public” after a man was found with a gunshot wound early Tuesday morning.
Around 4:20 a.m., officers responded to a disturbance call on Flint Road, where the 27-year-old was found with a gunshot wound to his arm. Police were not able to say whether or not this appeared to be a self-inflicted wound or the result of someone else shooting him.
The man was subsequently taken to ECMC with non-life threatening injuries.
Anyone who may have seen what took place is asked to call Amherst police at (716) 689-1311.
- “We gotta go. It’s getting bad out here.” BPD blizzard body cam footage shows dramatic rescues
- Town of Eden police seek help in locating stolen vehicles, special needs booster seat
- WNY girls wrestling keeps growing with trip to first state tournament
- Goldman Sachs says 4 cities likely to see a 2008-style housing crash: report
- Lawmakers submit more than 140 amendments as House opens process for first time in seven years