BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Around 200 youths were involved in a disturbance at an Amherst movie theatre on Sunday night, according to Amherst police.
Police responded to the AMC Maple Ridge 8 theatre on Maple Road around 8:15 p.m. Sunday, where they said the group was refusing to leave.
While attempting to disperse the crowd, there were allegedly several fights. However, no injuries were reported. The group eventually left the area.
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month through salsa dancing & music at the Olivencia Center
- License plate readers installed in Cheektowaga as police use tech to tamp down crime
- With NYC Rental Assistance Vouchers set to be used statewide, Erie Co. leaders share concerns
- Gov. Hochul extends deadline for bars to apply for Sunday morning liquor permit
- Police still investigating latest shooting near Club Marcella
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.