EAST AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — A fire started around 5:17 p.m. Monday in a Paradise Road home.
The fire was put under control by East Amherst Fire Chief Dan Utz around 5:44 p.m. and no injuries were reported. Estimated damages are $100,000 to the structure and $25,000 to the contents.
First Assistant Chief Jim Quigley was the first officer on the scene following a 911 call from a passerby. He arrived within four minutes of the call and reported smoke from the second floor.
Three occupants were displaced and the Red Cross was notified. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
New on WIVB.com
- NYS Supreme Court strikes down Gov. Hochul’s mask mandate
- Democrats push to pass climate change policy
- Parents of a Buffalo child with autism and PICA sue the Buffalo School District for child’s right to in-person learning
- First-time speed skaters eager to compete on Olympic stage regardless of restrictions and challenges
- Futures Academy students left at bus stop for hours in freezing temperatures