AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Amherst Police Department say they are investigating a fatal vehicle crash that occurred early Saturday morning.
At approximately 3:35 a.m., police responded to a one vehicle crash on Main Street where, they say, a 2005 Subaru, traveling westbound, left the roadway and struck a utility pole.
The driver, a 27-year-old Buffalo man, suffered serious physical injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
Police say the identity of the driver is being withheld until family can be notified.
The crash is currently under investigation. Investigators will be canvassing for video and witnesses. Local residents, businesses, and drivers who may have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident are asked to contact the Amherst Police Department at 716-689-1311.
- Man, 44, struck and killed while crossing road in Town of Alabama
- Holocaust survivor becomes TikTok star educating young people
- Fox News reporter hugs son on camera as he leaves site of Denver school shooting
- GOP questions DeSantis attacks on Trump ahead of possible indictment
- Democratic infighting complicates Schumer response to banking crisis
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.