AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — Police in Amherst are investigating a shooting that happened Monday night in the area of Fairgreen Drive.
Officers went to the scene around 11:40 p.m. There, they found a man with a gunshot wound.
The victim was taken to ECMC, where he’s in critical condition.
Neighbors tell News 4 this happening on their street is shocking and scary. They said they heard gunshots last night and there was no mistaking them for anything else.
Police hadn’t released names of the victim or the alleged shooter as of Tuesday afternoon.
Patrick Meade also lives in the area and said he made the call to police when he heard the shots.
“I heard multiple gunshots and I knew they were gunshots, so my guess would be minimum three maybe up to six,” he said. “I have a stepson who was out, I was concerned for him, my wife woke up.”
Both Meade said it’s unnerving this happened so close to home.
“Amherst is a safe place to live,” Meade said. “I think most want peace and tranquility but it just takes one bad apple.”
Anyone with information that could help police in their investigation can call (716) 689-1311.
- NYS faces multiple lawsuits for vaccine mandates
- Counties with the least hospital bed capacity in New York
- ‘The View’ hosts test positive for COVID, leave set minutes before VP Harris interview
- Bills pushing for personal seat licenses at proposed new stadium
- Wegmans hosting drive-thru flu shot clinics throughout fall