UPDATE – 9:45 a.m:
Power has been restored for most NYSEG and National Grid customers in western New York.
UPDATE – 9 a.m:
Power has returned to most NYSEG customers in the southtowns, but it remains out for more than 300 National Grid customers in Amherst.
AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — More than 1,000 NYSEG and National Grid customers in Erie County woke up without power Monday morning.
Customers in the southtowns are expected to get their power back within the hour, but those in Amherst might not have it again until Noon.
4 WARN WEATHER | Lake effect snow continues through Tuesday morning
- Niagara Falls mother survives cancer, searches for kidney donor
- COVID cases surge in WNY, region reports highest number of new cases
- Aurora Theatre showing classic holiday movies weekends leading to Christmas
- Chabad House of Buffalo lights giant community menorah to mark the start of Hanukkah
- NY trooper struck by vehicle during officer-involved shooting on RFK Bridge; 2 arrested