AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB)–Nordstrom Rack in the Consumer Square in Amherst reopened to customers today.
The company says it is taking a phased, market-by-market approach to reopening stores.
Nordstrom officials say they’re opening stores where it’s allowed by state and local governments, they’re prepared with proper safety measures and protocols, and they can confidently ensure the safety and wellbeing of employees and customers.
“We’ve been paying close attention to guidance and directives from local and national authorities, taking steps to ensure our stores and operations remain in alignment with those,” the company said on Tuesday.
Updates to Nordstrom stores upon reopening include:
- Conducting health screenings for our employees before they come into work
- Providing face coverings for employees and customers
- Taking steps to allow for social distancing of six feet or more, including limiting the number of customers and employees in the store
- Increasing cleaning and sanitization
- Modifying the fitting room experience
- Continuing to offer contactless curbside services at our full-line stores
- Pausing or adapting high-touch services and customer events
- Keeping tried on or returned merchandise off the salesfloor for a period of time
- Altering hours of operation
For more information, click here.