AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — On Monday morning, an 88-year-old man was taken to ECMC for evaluation after police responded to a location on N. French Road.
Earlier in the day, Amherst police were asking people to avoid the 2400 block of the road as they investigated an incident.
Because of the investigation, N. French was closed from Dodge Road to Hopkins Road. It was reopened around 9:30 a.m.
Police say this was an isolated incident, and the public is not in any danger.
- Buffalo Singing Cops come back to “The Amazing Race,” but are gone again
- MVHS employees appeal for kindness and respect amid pandemic
- Villa Maria College covering the cost of students’ books and supplies
- Jefferson County parents charged after 9-month-old found burned
- Two-thirds of COVID vaccine side-effects are just a placebo effect, study says