BLASDELL, N.Y. (WIVB) — One person was airlifted to ECMC after a tractor trailer rear-ended a flatbed tow truck on I-90 on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
According to New York State Police, the accident happened near the Blasdell interchange on the eastbound side of the highway around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. There was still congestion on the roadway as of 2 p.m.
There is no word on the condition of the other person.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
New on WIVB.com
- One killed in two-vehicle Chautauqua County crash
- Rare December tropical disturbance pops up in the Atlantic
- Oxford Dictionaries names ‘goblin mode’ its word of the year
- Red Hot Chili Peppers to play Syracuse show in April
- ‘No freaking way’: Unwelcome bear moves into Florida neighborhood, eats residents’ avocados
Aidan Joly joined the News 4 staff in 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.