(Correction: This story has been corrected to say that the cards will only be available to veterans. We apologize for the previous error.)
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — This week is all about honoring those who served our country. And now, one local leader is raising awareness for those veterans who are struggling with mental health.
Erie County Clerk Michael Kearns is making changes to the “Thank A Vet” discount card program.
Veterans will have 24/7 access to free and confidential support involving mental health services.
The county will unveil these new and updated cards on Wednesday.
- Report: Political operative Steve Pigeon accused of molesting child, arraignment expected Thursday
- Lancaster runs away in second half to beat WSW 77-38
- Man undergoes heart surgery, wins $1M prize from lottery ticket in get-well card
- Capacity reaches its limit at Albany hospitals, leaders plan limits to elective procedures
- Local typewriter collector exchanges letters with fellow enthusiast Tom Hanks