CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Venezuelan man seeking asylum in the United States has been accused of raping a woman in a Cheektowaga hotel room this past Wednesday.
The Erie County District Attorney’s office said Jesus Guzman-Bermudez, 26, was arraigned on charges of rape, unlawful imprisonment, endangering the welfare of a child and harassment. Officials said he knew the victim.
The alleged incident happened inside a hotel on the 4000 block of Genesee Street.
According to the DA’s office, this alleged incident occurred in the presence of a 3-year-old child.
Currently held without bail, Guzman-Bermudez is scheduled to return to court on August 9 for a felony hearing. A temporary order of protection has been issued on behalf of the alleged victim.
- Councilman will not be censured by Cheektowaga Town Board
- Security firm hired to protect asylum seekers in Erie County has license suspended
- Colin Kaepernick pens letter to New York Jets asking to be signed to practice squad
- Culver’s bringing back beloved cheese curd-topped burger
- Historic Broderick Park could soon receive name change