CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Crews in Cheektowaga responded to a rather unusual incident Wednesday.
A car was left stuck with three wheels off the ground after its driver allegedly got his foot stuck under the accelerator and reversed up a guy wire, according to officials. The incident took place on Peoria Avenue near William Street.
Crews were able to stabilize the car while it was stranded on the wire so a female passenger was able to exit the vehicle. The driver was able to get out earlier.
Neither the driver nor the passenger was injured in the ordeal.
- Bandits lose in Colorado, decisive game of NLL Finals in Buffalo on Saturday night
- Trump escalates attacks on judges amid increasing legal scrutiny
- Ramaswamy embraces ‘outsider’ label as he takes on Trump
- Veterans honored in service at Forest Lawn Cemetery
- Reparations for climate change? Some think oil companies should pay
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.